Customer support is a broad range of customer-related services to help customers in making correct and cost-effective use of a purchased product. It consists of technical assistance in designing, installation, planning, training, trouble shooting, maintenance, upgrading and disposal of a purchased product. In today’s world it is quite common for a company to have a customer support department. However, often times the duties performed by such departments are taken for granted. That is, until an unhappy customer takes his complaint to the customer support department.
A good customer support strategy starts by understanding what exactly you want to achieve. Are you looking to simply reduce your customer dissatisfaction or do you want to increase sales? To successfully reach both of these objectives it is necessary to have a comprehensive strategy that answers the questions in each category. Below are some of the key factors that should be considered when developing and implementing a strategy for customer support:
* Identify the purpose of customer support. Do you want to simply reduce your customers dissatisfaction or do you want to improve sales? If you focus on improving sales, you will need to address issues related to customer satisfaction. This means addressing issues such as satisfaction with the purchase, after sales service or product support. If you address these key issues you will quickly solve customer service problems and increase customer retention.
* Set the standard. What is the best possible customer service you expect? By benchmarking your customer support performance against industry benchmarks such as AHTO and ANSI, you will have a clear understanding of where you need to improve. In addition to setting a benchmark, you can measure your progress towards achieving the best possible customer service performance. This is important because it gives you a sense of direction.
* Make sure you are providing friendly, effective speech. Customers will be much more satisfied if they feel they are in a good company. Customer support involves being able to communicate effectively. As part of your training, make sure you incorporate effective speech communication strategies into your system.
* Get it right every time. Customers appreciate consistency and commitment to customer support. So by making sure you deliver effective customer support every time, you will build a strong reputation that customers get used to and will expect.
* Create an atmosphere of commitment. Commit to the continued improvement of your system, your processes, and your policies. You cannot be satisfied with what you are doing today; your customers will appreciate you more if you can consistently commit to making sure they are satisfied.
The best possible customer experience requires you to take actions to address and resolve issues quickly and efficiently. The creation of effective customer support teams takes your business forward, ensuring the smooth operation of your business while effectively providing the support your customers deserve. However, as the old saying goes, “there is no substitute for experience.” So you have to choose your CRM company carefully, to hire the most experienced people who are aware of the latest CRM solutions available to help you create a positive experience for your customers.